1. FOOD! It’s important to start from the inside of your body if you want clear, glowing skin on the outside. This means eating a clean diet that is filled with foods that are organic, plant-based, alkalizing, mostly raw, and fresh. By loading up my cells with massive nutrients I set my skin up to win!
I’m a big fan of green juices for helping to keep me hydrated, energized, and alkalized. During the warmer months especially, one of my favorite green juices is made from organic cucumbers, organic celery, organic romaine, and served on ice. (Sometimes I just make good ol’ Cukes On Ice, too). Cucumbers are wonderfully hydrating and terrific for the skin. Heck, many people apply cucumber slices directly to their skin to reduce heat and inflammation. I’ve also read that daily cucumber juice may help with eczema and arthritis. So, as a priority for skin care, I make sure my diet is loaded with plenty of fresh, organic, nourishing raw vegan foods.
2. Dr. Alkaitis Skin Food – THIS has become my ultimate favorite for skin care products. And, let me tell you… I’ve tried tons of companies over the years! There is so much truth that a healthy, raw, organic, plant-based diet will help give your skin the glow, but it’s not fool proof all of the time. We also have to take into account what we put on our skin. One of the general philosophies I follow is that if I can’t eat it, I probably don’t want it touching my skin either. Enter: Dr. Alkaitis products. Holy moly! These are amazing. I started using them after coming off a little breakout session from hormones and within a couple of days had extreme improvement. I actually couldn’t believe my eyes, so I didn’t say anything to anyone, I just kept with the program. And, weeks later, my skin was more gorgeous than it had ever been. Now, I’m telling the whole world about them! I’m going to be hard pressed to use any other company. Almost all of their products are vegan. My favorites: cleanser, toner, soothing gel, treatment oil (love this on my body – the smell is hypnotic!), and eye cream. I’ve used the day and night creams sparingly, but I tend to stick with the aforementioned products on a regular basis. The Travel Kit is a great way to get introduced to the line. It’s how I tried it out when they sent me one. Loved it!
Their products are made with organically grown or wild-crafted plants (or unpolluted sea life), and their herbal extracts are made in-house! The base is organic aloe, making the products very concentrated, so a little goes a long way (my 7-day Travel Kit lasted almost two weeks). All the products are raw, living, not heated above body temperature. And, to preserve freshness, they make small batches at a time and products are only two-weeks old when they get shipped to you (for US shipments). Rockin’ huh?
3. Clarisonic Skin Cleansing Machine – My mom recently bought me the Clarisonic Mia a sonic skin cleansing system. I’ve always known from beauty experts that it’s important to exfoliate your skin on a regular basis for truly trouble free skin. I used to use a fibrous exfoliating hemp washcloth but sometimes it was too rough and aggravated my skin more than anything else. The Clarisonic Mia, on the other hand, exfoliates unbelievably effectively and gently. But, it’s not just great at exfoliating. There are two other great benefits: It gets my skin super clean – like never before. After the first use I couldn’t believe how extra amazing my skin felt. The other unique result from using this is that it helps my Dr. Alkaitis Skin Food products absorb more efficiently.
According to Clarisonic, the following are benefits that can be expected:
- Leaves skin feeling and looking healthier and??smoother
- Removes 6 times more makeup than manual??cleansing
- Cleanses so well that products absorb??better
- Pores appear smaller
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and??wrinkles
- Reduces oily areas, dry skin patches and??blemishes
- Gentle for use twice daily for different skin??types
But, you don’t have to take my word for it… check out the reviews! There are tons of raving fans out there using this system. (It probably goes without saying that I don’t use the cleansing products that came with it.) I don’t have the Clarisonic Pro, which has some other perks like the ability to use it on the body, but I’m interested in getting one.??Check out the amazing reviews about the Clarisonic Pro.
Boy oh boy! I sure wish I had known about Clarisonic a long time ago. It’s worth its weight in gold. I’m giddy with sparkly puff joy now that I have this little gadget in my beauty tool kit. It’s game changing!
This post was written by Kristen Suzanne